Do you want to know more information about interior and exterior painters in San Francisco?
Here are some common Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1) How do I maintain the interior painting?
First things first. A successful painting project is likely to last much longer if the interior surfaces are properly washed and prepared. Check for any holes or cracks and fill them in with a spackling compound. Next, make sure a primer coat is applied to ensure the life of the paint will be extended.
- Tip: Save any leftover interior paint, properly storing in case any future minor touch up jobs will be required.
2) How do I maintain the exterior painting?
Much like interior painting, the key to preserving your exterior painting lies in properly cleaning, preparing, and repairing all surfaces. The entire area should be power washed, preferably by a licensed painting company such as SF Painters. They have the high-tech equipment needed to do the job correctly. For more information on exterior painting surfaces, visit residential exterior painters
- Tip: By choosing a licensed painting contractor such as SF Painters, you will preserve the life of your interior painting project ten times over. Although it is tempting for homeowners to use the Do-it-Yourself (DIY) painting approach, it is a much safer bet to use a company that is highly experienced and equipped to handle painting multiple interior rooms.
3) What colors should I choose?
Although it may be tempting to use some of the latest trendy painting palettes featured in home decorating magazines and home improvement stores, it is best to consult an experienced painting company, who have access to hundreds of painting samples. Their painting experts will collaborate with you to help you decide which colors best suit your home.
- Tip: Try to resist selecting bold, flashy paint colors. Keep in mind, neutral colors such as creams, whites, beiges, and greys go with just about every type of home décor – less is more.
4) Do I choose oil or latex paint?
The two main types of paints are either oil or latex (acrylic) based. Deciding which to use may be determined based on the type of interior or exterior surface being painted. According to Wikipedia, a latex based (acrylic) paint is described as: “A fast-drying paint containing pigment suspension in acrylic polymer emulsion. Acrylic paints are water soluble, but become water-resistant when dry.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latex_paint
- Tip: It is wise to consult painting professionals at a licensed painting company, who have experience using both types of paint and know which is best depending on the painting surface in question.
5) How long will it take for the paint to dry?
The length of time it takes for paint to dry depends on a number of factors such as how many coats were applied, what type of paint was used, and what the indoor or outdoor weather / temperature conditions are for drying. Some homeowners are tempted to touch paint surfaces that are not completely dry yet, thereby ruining a successful painting project.
- Tip: By hiring a licensed painting company such as SF Painters to paint your San Francisco, neighborhood home, you can rest assured they have painting down to a science, and know how long it takes for specific surfaces to dry. They take all the worry and guesswork out of painting.
6) How do I choose the right painting contractor for me?
There are several important factors to consider when choosing a painting contractor. First, do some research and investigating, making sure the contractor you select is licensed, bonded, and insured. Ask for references and referrals, and get a quotation for your painting project. Compare a few prices to see which best suits your painting project budget. Make sure the company is endorsed by the Better Business Bureau.
- Tip: If you don’t properly research a painting contractor and simply hire based on price alone, you may end up with a shoddy, unprofessional job that is not guaranteed.
7) What about safety during a painting project?
Although home improvement stores and magazines try to make it look easy to perform a DIY painting project, looks can be deceiving. Both indoor and outdoor painting projects may require specialized power washing and painting equipment, as well as a variety of ladders. As a layperson, you may not realize all of the safety precautions necessary in order to use such heavy equipment and climb tall surfaces.
- Tip: SF Painters come prepared with all the equipment and accessories necessary to get any painting job done quickly and safely. They take all the worry out so you can relax and enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Protect your investment by hiring a licensed painting contractor
Painting your home constitutes a major home improvement, and is an investment that adds buyer appeal if you ever decide to sell your home. Our painting experts will help you protect your investment. We are licensed, bonded, and insured; they offer free quotations as well as a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. This family-owned company has more than 30 years of experience painting all types of homes in the San Francisco area. Call SF Painters today at 1-415-230-2617 for a free painting estimate. For more information, visit our website: http://paintersinsf.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus.